Thursday 8 March 2012

Making Changes

Some of you will know that I've recently had a bit of a blog-related stress. I'd always thought that I was pretty much anonymous uunless you knew me, bbut after speaking to a friend it transpired that it was pretty easy to work out my identity if you so desired. Now, I've always been pretty careful about what I say on here. I don't mention names, locations, diagnoses etc. I pretty much behave myself so I'm unlikely to reveal any inappropriate behaviour. However, I hadn't realised how easy it was to misinterpret some of the things I'd said.

I've taken the old blog down, but posted everything I'd originally said there on this blog. I have made some modifications and clarifications where it seemed necessary, but the content is largely unchanged.

I just want to make a few things clear. These are just things that have been recently brought to my attention and I think it's best they're addressed so I can move past this.

1 - With regards to my mental health, my regent is aware of the situation and none of my doctors have any concerns about my fitness to practice.

2 - I do not and have never used hard drugs. In a previous post I mentioned something regarding controlled drugs - as I've now stated, this was in reference to working in a pharmacy.

3 - I do not believe any patient I may refer to is identifiable - I avoid mentioning locations, symptoms or specific diagnoses. If you think something I've said is dodgy and potentially breaks confidentialty, let me know.

I think that's everything addressed and I'm looking forward to getting back to blogging properly :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

And how does that make you feel?